It is easy to become caught up in the everyday woes in the workplace where you show up, do your job and leave without feeling hardly any excitement, happiness or passion. Make it your new year’s resolution to find your happiness at work again. After all, if you love what you do it will not even feel like work and you will not be left wondering if the grass is greener on the other side. Make note of the pointers in this article to guide you to happiness at work.
Recapturing & Reigniting Your Happiness at Work Ty Howard
“The happiest people don’t have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.” ~ Author Unknown
In today’s work environment it’s become the norm to come across more and more employees who are very unhappy at work. Many will say, it’s due to recent work related changes, coping with difficult leadership, downsizing, working on conflict plagued teams, the economy, the current national unemployment rate, unfavorable changes at home, health issues, personal toxic habits, or they simply do not like their job. These are definitely factors that can zap and plummet a person’s “Happiness” levels over time.
Even in the midst of uncertain and undesired challengesyou can recapture and reignite “Happiness” at work. It will require your positive mental toughness and inspired change of perspective. From this point forward, I want you to shift your thinking from what your organization and everyone else has to do for you to be happy at work to what you will immediately begin doing so you can recapture and enjoy “Happiness” at work.
Now that you’ve shifted your thinking, I find it timely to provide you with my “15 Quick Tips to Recapturing and Reigniting Your Happiness at Work.” Keep in mind that we cannot control one hundred percent of the external factors that can impact our “Happiness” but we do have full control over how we manage ourselves and our internal feelings each day. In turn, giving us the internal power to identify, control and untie the knots® delaying or blocking our “Happiness” at work.
I challenge you to read, consider, and post the complete list of 15 quick tips in your work area for daily recall and guidance. Also practice at least seven to ten of them daily to begin promptly improving your level of “Happiness” at work.
15 Quick Tips to Recapturing and Reigniting Your Happiness at Work
( What not to do so your “Happiness” can shine through at Work! )
1. Do not listen to or side with other unhappy employees.
2. Do not contribute to gossip or participate in the workplace rumor mill.
3. Do not waste time pointing fingers and blaming others.
4. Do not disrespect, bully, belittle or sabotage co-workers.
5. Do not frown or display negative emotions, even in moments of adversity.
6. Do not pass-off or turn-in poorly done work.
7. Do not waste productive work hours doing non-work related tasks.
8. Do not fail to consistently get your work done in a timely fashion.
9. Do not be the team player who is confrontational and difficult to work with.
10. Do not say and do any inappropriate things that will offend other co-workers or land you in trouble.
11. Do not be the employee who chronically comes in late, calls out, and makes excuses to leave early.
12. Do not make it your mission to get other happy co-workers to think and perform negatively.
13. Do not bring your home or outside of work drama into the workplace.
14. Do not be the employee other employees cannot trust or count on.
15. Do not voice a complaint without ‘professionally’ suggesting with it at least one researched solution to possibly fix the problem or challenge.
About the Author: Ty Howard, President, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of MOTIVATION magazine
Ty Howard is an internationally recognized authority on personal, professional, relationship and habits development. He is the creator and lead facilitator of the trademarked Untie the Knots® Process, and the author of the best-selling book Untie the Knots® That Tie Up Your Life: A Practical Guide to Freeing Yourself from Toxic Habits, Choices, People, and Relationships, as well as dozens of published articles on relationships, healthy habits development, empowerment and peak performance worldwide.
For information on the author click on the following link: Ty Howard.
The MOTIVATION “Key Takeaways” for this article:
We cannot control one hundred percent of the external factors that can impact our “Happiness” but we do have full control over how we manage ourselves and our internal feelings each day. In turn, giving us the internal power to identify, control and Untie the Knots® delaying or blocking our “Happiness” at work.
1) True Happiness IsAs True Happiness Does!
2) Consistently be the positive and productive employee, co-worker and team player you wish for everyone else to be.
3) Happiness at work, home, or in society starts first within in your mind, and then your self-talk. Strive to love and appreciate yourself more and more each day, through endless positive thoughts and self-talk, and “Happiness” will find and go with you everywhere you go.
http://chadchiniquy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/ChiniquyHeader.png00chad.adminhttp://chadchiniquy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/ChiniquyHeader.pngchad.admin2016-12-29 07:58:002016-12-29 07:58:07Starting the New Year with New Happiness